Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

Had a question on filling out form 709 irs, on schedule a, i…

Customer Question
Had a question on...

Had a question on filling out form 709 irs

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

On schedule a, i don't know if i put in the full amount of the gift or just partial

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

If i did it incorrectly last year, will i need to refile an amended return?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Finance
3/8/2016
Financial Professional: Stephen G., Sr Financial Expert replied 2 years ago
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Financial Expert

You are going to have to tell me what the gift was, how much it was for & who gave it?

Is the Spouse joining in the gift?

It's usually best to send along a copy of what you are working with; suppress the names & SS#s