Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I'm a sole proprietorship landscape business. I need to re a…

Customer Question
I'm a sole proprietorship landscape...
I'm a sole proprietorship landscape business. I need to hire a helper for about 7-8 months. They will work no more than 20hrs a week . Do I need to consider this an employee position or can I give a 1099 at end of year?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Finance
3/7/2016
Financial Professional: PDtax, CPA, MBA replied 2 years ago
PDtax
PDtax, CPA, MBA

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax.

This is best done as an employee. It's the length of work, regular term, and your direction that would mean he is your employee. Even if you paid him as an independent contractor. And the tax people, if they audit, would consider him your employee.

Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.

Ok thank you

Please take a moment to rate my assistance to close out your question.