Finance

Connect one-on-one with a verified financial professional who will answer your question

Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant

More related answers
All financial professionals are VERIFIED
I am thinking about retirement and insurance. I will have
PDtax
PDtax, Owner
I am thinking about retirement and insurance. I will have Medicare to cover 80% of hospital costs and doctor costs for $134/month. I am buying Anthem Blue Cross Medicare Supplemental Plan F for $172.0… read more
I have Medicaid questions... Can you help? My mother is
Lane
Lane, JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS
Hi Pearl. I have Medicaid questions... Can you help? … read more
In May 2015 I had a p replacement. The hospital sent me days
Lane
Lane, JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS
In May 2015 I had a hip replacement. The hospital sent me for rehab for 8 days to a local nursing/rehab facility. It's my understanding that a 5 year look back of my finances should not be considered … read more
My sister (who lives in ) has magi currently and was found
Lane
Lane, JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS
my sister (who lives in KY) has magi currently and was found disable in Dec 2014 (and it was back dated). she was hospitalized 4/28/15 and entered into a convalescent/rehab home in Aug 2015. She is cu… read more
If a nursing home and/or hospital have a clergy person on
Lane
Lane, JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS
If a nursing home and/or hospital have a clergy person on staff part-time will Medicaid reimburse the institution for the services of the clergy person? What types of services are included?… read more
Does Medicaid cover assisted living expenses? my mother pays
Rakhi Vasavada
Does Medicaid cover assisted living expenses? For example my mother pays $3845 / mo at a facility in Sebring, Florida.… read more
I reached out to the area agency on aging to get my mom applied
ShawnA
ShawnA, CEO
I reached out to the area agency on aging to get my mom applied for medicaid. Since that time my moms health has seemed to get a little worse. I am not able to care for her as I would like. I make sur… read more
I have a 54 year old sister living in Oklahoma whose only source
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Financial & Tax Consultant
I have a 54 year old sister living in Oklahoma whose only source of income for the past 15 years has been Social Security Disability. She currently has both Medicare and Medicaid. Two years ago she wa… read more
Buenos dias: 92 year old parent needs assisted living facility.
Lane
Lane, JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS
Buenos dias: 92 year old parent needs assisted living facility. She receives $1,000.00 from S.S.. No other income or savings. Lives in condo with a life estate clause, then it returns to me upon her d… read more
If a person is in a nursing home and they fell and then were
Karla
Karla, Master's Degree
If a person is in a nursing home and they fell and then were transferred to a facility to rehab. her, can the nursing home say that in order to reserve her room we must pay out of pocket because medic… read more
MY Mothers home is in Survivorship to 3 daughters. She is
Rakhi Vasavada
MY Mothers' home is in Survivorship to 3 daughters. She is 96 yr. old. with dementia, living in a facility we find lacking in the care and dignity we want for her. Can we take her home, and have paid … read more
My 94 year old mother has recently been placed in a rehab center(Texas).
Rakhi Vasavada
My 94 year old mother has recently been placed in a rehab center(Texas). I was told medicare would only pay up to 20 days and after that it could be extended up to 100 days depending on her progress. … read more
I need to apply for Medicaid for my 95 year old mother, who
Taxtom
Taxtom, Accountant
I need to apply for Medicaid for my 95 year old mother, who is in a nursing home following a broken hip, and who has exhausted her 100 days of Medicare skilled nursing days and AARP "medicare qualifie… read more
IS there a way to use medicaid for 30-60 day stay at skilled
Expert, financial professional
IS there a way to use medicaid for 30-60 day stay at skilled nursing facility and be able to keep medicare check so she will have a place to come home to after rehab?… read more
Tax Inquiry In early March of 2009 my wifes brother lost
Stephen G.
Tax Inquiry In early March of 2009 my wife's brother lost his wife to cancer. At the time he had been diagnosed with cancer of the larynx the preceding August, had planned on surgery in November and h… read more
My mother has Secure Care managing her medicare. its an HMO
Eric, Financial Manager
My mother has Secure Care managing her medicare. its an HMO and limits us on the nursing homes we can go to. She had a stroke a month ago and will be going into long term nursing home. Should I cancel… read more
My mother has been in a short term recovery facility for around
Eric, Financial Manager
My mother has been in a short term recovery facility for around 3 months in Jacksonville, Florida. We are thinking she may require long-term care and are not sure on how medicaid works. She currently … read more
how can we avoid depleting our assets with illness and marry
4ren6
4ren6, Retired
He is 65 and I am 60. we agree that we want to marry. Finances are a problem. He is concerned that if 'either' of us require a nursing home that it would/could deplete our total assets to about 101K. … read more