Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

Please I want to ask my sister had 3 kids and she want

Customer Question
Hello Please I want to...
Hello Please I want to ask my sister had 3 kids and she want applying for cash assistance , she was approved for Snap and medicaid before , is cash assistance same requirement because she is wondering if she should work to have this assistance .
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Finance
3/3/2016
Financial Professional: Phillips Esq., Financial Analyst and Licensed Attorney replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Financial Analyst and Licensed Attorney

Cash assistance has the same requirement as Snap and Medicaid. You do not have to work in order to receive cash assistance.

But we called them they told her that she required to work for certain number of hours or to be full time student to be eligible !!

They must have changed the requirements.

I have nothing else to add my post.

Financial Professional: Shawn P Adamo, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions. replied 2 years ago
Shawn P Adamo
Shawn P Adamo, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions.

Unfortunately in order to "get some money" she must "earn some money". That is their official policy. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. The facts are the facts. Please rate me well despite the fact being "bad or sad".

Thank youOK she is start working with tutoring last week 25 hrs /week but she doesnot make enough money to pay her rent and expenses would they ask her to work an extra hours if not she might apply for it next week , for your advice ?
Shawn P Adamo
Shawn P Adamo