Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I bought TurboTax Premier. I need to download the program…

Customer Question
I bought TurboTax Premier for...
I bought TurboTax Premier for 2015. I need to download the program for a second state's return. It will not let me download because it already has a password ***** file for this e-mail address, but I do not know what the password ***** my wife used and she can't remember it.
How can I get in, pay for the second state's tax return program so I can finish my taxes?
Second question: I entered the income and all the expenses for a rental property we own. I can not figure out how to enter the annual depreciation on the rental property. I know the correct amount for the year 2015. I just want to enter it so it will appear in the correct spot on the Schedule E. How do I do it?
Marvin Stouffer
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Finance
3/1/2016
Financial Professional: pramahaphil, Accountant replied 2 years ago
pramahaphil
pramahaphil, Accountant

Thanks for choosing JustAnswer.com. I will do my best to provide you with a clear and concise answer to your tax question based on the information that you have provided.

For the 1st item, try the following:

1.) Go to TurboTax.com and click on sign in.

2.) Enter the email address.

3.) Click on "I forgot my user id or password". There is an option that will help you reset the password ***** you cannot access the email address.

4.) Enter the email address and hit continue.

5.) TurboTax will send a link to reset the password ***** that email address.

On the second item, TurboTax doesn't allow for direct entries of certain items (depreciation being one of them). They do this to for the sake of the program's accuracy guarantee. If you have the desktop software, you can go to forms mode and override the line for depreciation. However, that will void all of TurboTax's guarantees and it will make it so TurboTax will not e-file your return. I recommend entering the asset information that the software asks for and going with the depreciation that TurboTax helps calculate. It will allow for some tweaks, but it doesn't provide a means of making direct changes. If you go to a preparer, they will use the depreciation you have calculated.

If there are additional questions or concerns, please reply to this answer so that I may assist you further. If this answers your question, please rate my performance between 3 and 5 stars so that I may be credited for my work. Thanks for your business.

Please let me know if this resolved your issue.