Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I overstated my gross income few million and I am screwed up…

Customer Question
I overstated my gross income...
I overstated my gross income for a few million and I am screwed up :(
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Finance
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/25/2016
Financial Professional: Stephen G., Sr Financial Expert replied 2 years ago
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Financial Expert

OK, so what's your question? Where did you overstate it?

I use Quick books. I recorder payments from customers invoices and went to undeposeted funds and recorder as is. Than I downloaded transactions from my bank account on Bank Feds and deposited all checks that that I put into bank. So instead od depositing $2179800.45, I deposited $4,797,078.98

Well, you could record a Journal entry to reverse the excess by debiting Accounts Receivable and crediting Cash for the excess amount that you recorded. That should balance your books if that's what you are asking?

Thank you

Great, please take a moment to rate my response as that is the only way we receive credit for our work.

Thanks very much,

Just checking in. Were you able to make the correction as I suggested?

Do you have any additional follow-up questions?

If not, please remember to rate my response as that is the only way we receive credit for our work.

Thanks very much,