Phillips Esq., Financial Analyst and Licensed Attorney
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My wife is being examined possible surgery meningioma. The

Customer Question

My wife is being examined for a possible surgery for a meningioma. The doctor would like to do an MRI, possibly a special one beyond the normal procedure. Will Medicare cover the procedure, and if so what needs to be done to request Medicare for this?
Category: Finance
Expert:  alma-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.(http://www.justanswer.com/finance/9jwls-wife-examined-possible-surgery-meningioma.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You need to contact Office of Medicare and Medicaid Services for this question. However, before you do that, you need to get the exact description of the procedure from your surgeon's office. Also, the people in your surgeon's office should be able to answer this question because they deal with Medicare all the time and have a system to verify coverage.