Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

There was a gift that was given to the individual through…

Customer Question
there was a gift that...
there was a gift that was given to the individual through foreign corporation. would that gift be consider taxable.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Finance
2/15/2016
Financial Professional: Mark D, Enrolled Agent replied 2 years ago
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent

How much was the gift? Is teh foreign corp controlled by a US person?

I am not sure about the amount and could you tell me the rules for either situation. Whether the foreign corp is controlled by US
person or by a foreigner.

Is the amount less than $100K?

i am not sure. I guess I will need to provide you more information later on. Meanwhile I would rate you and when I have the information I would get back to you.

Yes, I will need more information to give you a proper answer