Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor
Experience:  More than 5000 online tutoring sessions.
3708793

Mit and Accrual basis I cannot seem to figure it out and

Customer Question

Mit and Accrual basis I cannot seem to figure it out and have read my textbook and other things as well
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: During 2012, Blazer Inc. earned $56,300 from services provided and incurred $14,900 of expenses. At the end of the year, Blazer had received cash for $34,760 of the revenues and had paid $11,400 of the expenses. Also during 2012, Blazer received $2,900 cash for services to be performed in 2013 and paid $3,700 for rent for the first six months of 2013. That is the problem I have....I need to understand how to do it I cant seem to figure it out
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Financial Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Manal Elkhoshkhany replied 1 year ago.

Please post the full question so that I can help. When you respond, please advise your deadline

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
During 2012, Blazer Inc. earned $56,300 from services provided and incurred $14,900 of expenses. At the end of the year, Blazer had received cash for $34,760 of the revenues and had paid $11,400 of the expenses. Also during 2012, Blazer received $2,900 cash for services to be performed in 2013 and paid $3,700 for rent for the first six months of 2013.I did the Accrual BasisASAP

What is required?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The answer not the work

Which textbook are you using? Title, author's name and edition?

Answer to what? What does the question ask you to do?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need the Accrual Basis of the problem I just presented to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to do it?

Please post the FULL problem as it appears in your textbook or send me the name of the book you are using to see if I can find the problem. You have not posted the full problem

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
During 2012, Blazer Inc. earned $56,300 from services provided and incurred $14,900 of expenses. At the end of the year, Blazer had received cash for $34,760 of the revenues and had paid $11,400 of the expenses. Also during 2012, Blazer received $2,900 cash for services to be performed in 2013 and paid $3,700 for rent for the first six months of 2013.
Required:
Determine 2012 net income under (a) the cash basis and (b) the accrual basis of accounting.

Thank you.

Working on the problem

Hello again,

Please click on the following link to download the solution:

https://app.box.com/s/wjalsr4paaclfv08odkeqmn0p46hcezu

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask; if all is clear, please rate the service

P.S. If you like my services, please feel free to direct your future posts to me specifically by typing "For Manal Elkhoshkhany" at the beginning of your post. Should you choose to do this, please try to allow me at least 48 hours before the deadline. If you need to meet me online for a timed assignment, please advise me of the date and time (EST) you want me to meet you here and I will (Also please notify me at least 48 hours in advance) . Please make sure you take the length (and number) of the questions into consideration when making your offer to avoid delays in providing solutions.

Thank you

Just to clarify, Under Accrual Basis, revenue is recognized when "earned", and expenses are recognized when "incurred"; while under the cash basis, revenue is recognized when cash is received and expenses are recognized when cash is paid.

Hope this clarifies it

All the best

Is everything clear or did you have questions?

Thank you