Finance

Have Finance Questions? Ask a Financial Expert Online.

Finance

My daughter is on Medicaid very serious neck injury. She has

Customer Question
My daughter is on Medicaid...
My daughter is on Medicaid for a very serious neck injury. She has been receiving ot and pt but is fast running out of her lloted 60 visits, is their anyway to get more,until her new year begins. She is 23 and unemployed, we can't help as we are retired and on a very fixed income. She lives alone.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Finance
2/4/2016
Financial Professional: TaxRobin, Senior Advisor replied 1 year ago
TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Senior Advisor

Hello

The medicaid limitation for 60 visits is state specific. Some states have exceptions to the limitations. For example NY limits it to 20 visits/year - persons with developmental disabilities or acquired brain injuries exempt from limit.

Your state is not known.

Nebraska limits 60 visits/year in combination with other therapies, rehab potential required. New Mexico also limits for 60 but your specific state (and any exceptions they may have) is information not supplied yet by you.

TaxRobin
TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Senior Advisor