Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

AM I ELIGABLE TO GET MORE SOCIAL SECURITY ON MY MONTHLY

Customer Question
AM I ELIGABLE TO GET...
AM I ELIGABLE TO GET MORE SOCIAL SECURITY ON MY MONTHLY SOCIAL SECURITY. I ONE GET 618.10 AFTER ALL IS TAKEN OUT
BARBARA JERENE MCKINNEY
III TOWERING OAKS TOOL, TEXAS
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Finance
2/2/2016
Financial Professional: Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 years ago
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Thank you for your question.

Typically, if you are drawing off your own record, you are getting the most you can possibly get. However, if you have an ex spouse or spouse you may be entitled to 1/2 of their benefit if they are living, and their full benefit if they are deceased. However, this would be instead of, not in addition to, your own benefit.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.