Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

Currently working on 1099 church and I 't know if I should…

Customer Question
Hello, My name is...

Hello, My name is ***** ***** working on 1099 for our church and I don't know if I should issue 1099 to missionarys oversea?

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

We send mission support to oversea like Singapore and Mexico and others as need arises. and one of them I know they are 501(c)3 but I don't know others

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Finance
2/1/2016
Financial Professional: PDtax, CPA, MBA replied 2 years ago
PDtax
PDtax, CPA, MBA

hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax. Your requested expert is not available. I can assist.

As long as the foreign contractor is not a U.S. person and the services are wholly performed outside the U.S., then no Form 1099 is required and no withholding is required.

The foreign recipient of your payment can confirm their status by completing and sending to you a Form W-8BEN for your files.

Thanks for asking your question at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.