How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 4670
Experience:  Tax professional and business consultant for 35 years.
Type Your Finance Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Currently working on 1099 church and I 't know if I should

Customer Question

Hello, My name is ***** ***** working on 1099 for our church and I don't know if I should issue 1099 to missionarys oversea?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We send mission support to oversea like Singapore and Mexico and others as need arises. and one of them I know they are 501(c)3 but I don't know others
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Financial Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax. Your requested expert is not available. I can assist.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

As long as the foreign contractor is not a U.S. person and the services are wholly performed outside the U.S., then no Form 1099 is required and no withholding is required.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

The foreign recipient of your payment can confirm their status by completing and sending to you a Form W-8BEN for your files.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for asking your question at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.