How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark D Your Own Question
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 1304
Experience:  MBA, EA, Specializing in Business and Individual Tax Returns and Issues
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Mark D is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have a question i have one of my clients that open a

Customer Question

have a question i have one of my clients that open a restaurant in Sep 2015 but never pay the payroll taxes , and she wants to issue W2 to the employees , my questions its what do i need to do to help her and if you guys know any website where i can file electronically the forms like the 941 forms and also the W2, please advise.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Mark D replied 1 year ago.

Did she actually give pay stubs and withhold taxes from the paychecks?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she did but did not report the payroll taxes to the irs what can we do now ?
Expert:  Mark D replied 1 year ago.

You should file the Q3 and Q4 941s, and the 2015 940 with the IRS, reflecting the amount due. Q4 and the 940 are due Monday.

You also need to issue W2s to all employees by Monday, and file with the SSA by 2/29 (if by paper) or 3/31 (if electronic).

Any state filings should be filed as well.

If you client cannot pay the balance, attempt to set up an installment agreement after the returns are processed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what are those forms or where can i find them is there a website to file electronically
Expert:  Mark D replied 1 year ago.

What state are you in and how many employees?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6 employees state nc
Expert:  Mark D replied 1 year ago.

I see. To efile the 941s and 940, you need to register. This would not happen before Monday so I would suggest you paper file. Likely the same with the W3/W2s. Below are links to the forms and instructions. You may want to pay a local tax pro to do it for you. I am not familiar with NC state payroll taxes, but am including a link below. Please let me know if this solves your question.

Expert:  Mark D replied 1 year ago.

Here is a service that offers to efile the W2s

Expert:  Mark D replied 1 year ago.

Hello, please rate to close out this request, this is also how I get paid. Thank you!