Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

Our relative is in an assisted living facility. Her assets…

Customer Question
Our relative is in an...
Our relative is in an assisted living facility. Her assets will be used up in 2016. She is 83 and receives about $2,500 in VA & S/S as a widow of a disabled vet. What are the limits to be eleable for Medicade. WA State
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Finance
1/20/2016
Financial Professional: Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant replied 2 years ago
Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

From what I understand from your situation, if SS and Disability are in only income. Medicaid considers modified gross adjusted income and while doing this, SS and disability are not counted and considered exempt.

So, I believe, your relative should not have any problem while being eligible for Medicaid.

The following is for your general reference and information.

http://www.healthreformbeyondthebasics.org/key-facts-income-definitions-for-marketplace-and-medicaid-coverage/

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards,