How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anne Your Own Question
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 2439
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Anne is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a vacation rental property in Up state Pa and had to

Customer Question

I own a vacation rental property in Up state Pa and had to put it in a short term lease last year. Besides real estate taxes what other taxes do I have to pay?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Anne replied 1 year ago.


I'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 27 years and I'll be happy to help you.

You will need to pay income tax on the rental income less your expenses, (real estate taxes, mortgage interest, utilities, repairs, depreciation, etc) Please see below for more indepth information:

If you have any questions, please post them here and I'll be notified

If this answer has been helpful please take the moment to rate positive ( by clicking on the stars)

It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge

Thank you for choosing justanswer.