How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rakhi Vasavada Your Own Question
Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 2608
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Rakhi Vasavada is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We received a letter from IRS stating we owe 1748.30 by Dec.

Customer Question

We received a letter from IRS stating we owe 1748.30 by Dec. 21,2015 from 2013 Taxes. We can't figure out if we didn't get a w2 for a lump of money we received or if it was over look but whatever it is we need to get to the bottom of this.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Alexander Haraczka replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for submitting your request.

Do you have a copy of the notice from the IRS? I will need additional information to properly address your issue. Oftentimes, the IRS will receive information that a taxpayer may have misplaced (sale of stock information, interest/dividends received, an annuity payment, etc.) and the notice will usually specify where the discrepancy originated.

I'm available by phone, if you'd prefer to call me to go over this issue.