Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

We received a letter from IRS stating we owe 1748.30 by Dec.

Customer Question

We received a letter from IRS stating we owe 1748.30 by Dec. 21,2015 from 2013 Taxes. We can't figure out if we didn't get a w2 for a lump of money we received or if it was over look but whatever it is we need to get to the bottom of this.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Alexander Haraczka replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for submitting your request.

Do you have a copy of the notice from the IRS? I will need additional information to properly address your issue. Oftentimes, the IRS will receive information that a taxpayer may have misplaced (sale of stock information, interest/dividends received, an annuity payment, etc.) and the notice will usually specify where the discrepancy originated.

I'm available by phone, if you'd prefer to call me to go over this issue.