How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tax.appeal.168 Your Own Question
Tax.appeal.168, Accountant
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 3484
Experience:  Tax Accountant
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Tax.appeal.168 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a small business owner and I use PayPal to except

Customer Question

I am a small business owner and I use PayPal to except credit card payments. A few times this year I ran my own card through my credit card system so that I could get some cash in my account without taking a cash advance. Since this officially isn't "income" but will be marked as such On my PayPal report at the end of the year. Is there a place where I can put a deduction for this amount?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Finance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Accept. Darn voice texting.
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 1 year ago.

I am going to assume that you use the Schedule C. If so, you can list the amounts that were swiped on your card under the Other Expense section as a company advance.

Report total amount of gross income (including your card swipes), then deduct your card swipe amounts in the Other Expense section (Part V) of the Schedule C.

Let me know if you require further assistance with this matter.