Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

Ny wife has no income and need medical insurance. i am on

Customer Question

ny wife has no income and need medical insurance. i am on ssa how can she get medical insurance.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

...

Your wife can get medical insurance through Healthcare.gov (called "the marketplace," a part of the new Affordable care Act).

...

Many times if the hoiusehold income is low enough, there can be pre-funded tax credits that cover all or a part of the cost..

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

There can be times here the income is TOO low and in that case you wife should be able to qualify for health insurance through Medicaid.

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

We ARE currently in open enrollment period for Healthcare.gov

...

See this: https://www.healthcare.gov/

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have further questions

...

Lane

...

If this HAS helped, and you If you don't have additional questions on this, I would appreciate a positive rating (by clicking the stars on your screen) ... that's the only way I'll be credited with a portion of what you've paid JustAnswer.
...

Lane

.

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

….

I'm just checking back in to see how things are going.

….

Did my answer help?

…..

Please let me know if you need more here

And if not, I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars on your screen). That's the only way JustAnswer will credit me with a portion of what you've paid them.

Thank you,

Lane

.