How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Preparer
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 29969
Experience:  Personal Investment, Tax Preparation
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can i get collection agency to remove collections off of

Customer Question

How can i get collection agency to remove collections off of my credit file , they dont have original debt contract
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

If that is a legit debt - you may not request it to be removed - it will be stay on the credit report at least for 7 years.

If you object the debt itself - means - information reported is not correct - and and you actually do not owe anything - you may dispute that reporting.

The first step in disputing a credit report is to contact the lender (or whoever reported that information) and ask to fix their mistake. Be sure to contact in writing via certified mail and retain the receipt.

If they do NOT agree - you will asking to correct the error and provide a written copy of your dispute to the credit reporting agencies.

Credit reporting agencies are required by law to investigate a dispute and report the results of their investigation back to the consumer generally within 30 days.

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

I appreciate if take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you will all tax related issues.