bkb1956
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast
Experience:  IRS Enrolled Agent, 18+ years of experience in tax preparation with associated finance experience.
71603090

What is the fastest cheapest way to receive a personal

Customer Question

What is the fastest cheapest way to receive a personal unsecured loan in the amount of $10,000 for someone with good credit. I see lots of offers online but I'm looking for the lowest interest rate (3 year repayment term), fast and easy approval.
Thank you.
Category: Finance
Expert:  bkb1956 replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you have good credit, the fastest, least expensive way to receive a personal unsecured loan is to visit a bank or credit union you do business (have an account) with. Many conventional banks/credit unions have programs in place for unsecured loans.

Companies like Prosper, etc. charge higher interest rates than conventional methods.

Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I'm looking for a specific referral to a lender who is

1. very likely to approve my $10k loan request with my 730 credit score

2. able to approve it with the least amount of paperwork and hassle

3. if possible, able to approve relatively quickly, like I noticed some offer instant approvals and quick funding

For comparison, the Prosper rate was 9.38 interest rate and 12.2 APR after fees.

Expert:  bkb1956 replied 1 year ago.

I understand what you're saying, but as I mentioned a local bank/credit union should be quick and inexpensive if you're a current customer. As you already know, Prosper, etc. rates are higher and even though some offer instant approval, they may require copies of tax returns and bank statements. What companies advertise and what they actually do are sometimes quite different because federal regulations have to be followed regarding lending money to consumers.

Per JustAnswer rules, I cannot provide a referral to a specific lender or company. I can only point you in the right direction.

Best regards,

Barb

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Looking for a more specific answer, an easy way to sift through the many online offers to find good ones- low rates, etc.