How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask USTaxAdvising Your Own Question
USTaxAdvising, Accountant
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 1237
Experience:  Professional with finance related questions.
Type Your Finance Question Here...
USTaxAdvising is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have setup a US INC last year. We started the bank

Customer Question

Hi, We have setup a US INC last year. We started the bank account this april and started business the same time. What are the processes to be followed for book keeping and yearly accounting and returns filing? Right now i am using quickbooks for book keeping
myself. What are some of the important dates for filing? Our business is e-commerce and we sell web hosting worldwide. Can you also suggest some low cost small business accountants who can take care of end to end of financials?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  USTaxAdvising replied 2 years ago.


Your Delaware Corporation will have an annual Form 1120 Federal Corporate tax return filing requirement (see links below for the Form and Instructions) The due date for this Form is March 15th annually. You can however apply for an extension of time to file if you need more time. Use Form 7004 here to apply for an extension -

The corporation will not have a state tax return filing requirement as there are no Corporate state taxes in the state of Delaware. The Corporation will however have to file an annual report with the Delaware Secretary of State. See link here for that Annual Report information -

You will need to keep the books on a US GAAP basis which is very similar to IFRS which is used in the UK.

Unfortunately I cannot recommend another accountant who can assist with end to end financial statements but I am sure there plenty to choose from online. I would recommend finding a qualified CPA and then interview a few of them to see which will be the best fit for you.

Let me know if something is not clear and if you have any follow up questions and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Best regards,