How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tax.appeal.168 Your Own Question
Tax.appeal.168, Accountant
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 3731
Experience:  Tax Accountant
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Tax.appeal.168 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife has recently deceased and I want to notify whom ever

Customer Question

My wife has recently deceased and I want to notify whom ever is required at SS. Also I want to apply for the monies that are provided by SS.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 2 years ago.

My condolences to see you for your loss. You can call Social Security to inform them of your wife's passing and you will need to call and schedule an appt. to apply for benefits. SEE BELOW:

Widows, widowers, and surviving divorced spouses cannot apply online for survivors benefits. If they want to apply for disability benefits on your record, they should contact Social Security at1-***-***-**** to request an appointment. (If they are deaf or hard of hearing, they should call our TTY number, 1-***-***-****.)


Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.