How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rakhi Vasavada Your Own Question
Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 4545
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Rakhi Vasavada is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a new greencard resident to US from Canada. I have a main

Customer Question

Im a new greencard resident to US from Canada.
I have a main company that im a shareholder in and we are splitting off 3 completely new businesses that i will be a shareholder in.
I also am working with an Accelerator and have the opportunity to have small stock % and consulting fees through a number of other companies.
Should i just run it all through one LLC or should i set up something a bit more complex
My wife helps with management of some of the business and i would like to split some of my consulting dollars with her as a salary if thats best as well as right off rent, car lease etc.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 2 years ago.

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

I believe running through an LLC would be much simpler and straight forward structure for you. It can basically hold as a parent / holding company and it would be simpler from administrative point as well. There is no need to go for anything more complicated than this. This should well serve your purpose.

I am sure this would help. I wish you good luck.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards,