Finance

Have Finance Questions? Ask a Financial Expert Online.

Finance

If I am receiving a monthly per diem particular location and

Customer Question
If I am receiving a...
If I am receiving a monthly per diem for my particular location and pay a flat rate for my monthly rent at this location, and I travel for a couple of days a month back to my home office . . . does the government per diem stop when I travel back and start again when I return to the assigned location?
Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Finance
8/26/2015
Financial Professional: Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant replied 2 years ago
Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

From what I understand from your question, your travel to a rented location is directly related to your work. Therefore, both way journey, to and fro, are business travel and therefore, your per diem should NOT stop while you travel back to your home office.

I am sure this would help. I wish you good luck.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards

Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada