How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Angie Your Own Question
Angie, Tax Preparer
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 226
Experience:  Bookkeeping, Profit and Loss, Balance SheetsAll types of US Taxes, Tennessee taxes, Personal, business, payroll, sales tax etc.
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Angie is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need help with my credit report - how to remove a credit

Customer Question

need help with my credit report - how to remove a credit collections item
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Angie replied 2 years ago.

Hi! I'm sorry that you're having to deal with this... Your question may fall more into a legal matter than a tax matter. But, from personal experience. The best way to get something taken care of on your credit report is to contact the reporting agencies directly.

This link will give you the contact information to each of the credit bureaus.

This is a law website that gives the steps that you can take to get your credit report corrected if you are unable to do so through traditional methods. This can involve filing complaints with the Federal Trade Commission.

The first and best step to take is to contact the credit bureau directly. This may resolve your issue quickly.