Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

Can an Arizona S corp issue stock to an individual one

Customer Question

Can an Arizona S corp issue stock to an individual for only one division of the corporation?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

.....

..

Not exactly. One of the requirements of s-corps is that they only have one class of stock.

...

And what that ends up meaning is that each shareholder owns SOME percentGe of the entire S-Corp.

...

What can do, however, is have a shareholder agreement that grants certain rights and duties.

...

This is why the LLC is the fastest growing entity out there ... (Provide the corporate liability protection of a corporation but the flexibility of a partnership)

....

You can write the operating agreement to set up ownership interest, voting interests, management rights, sharing of profit and loss, any way you like.

...

But again, the way to get SOME of these kinds of things done if the s-corp already exists is through shareholder agreements

...

Let me know if you have questions

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

….

I'm just checking back in to see how things are going.

….

Did my answer help?

….

Let me know…

….

Lane

...

If this HAS helped, and you don't have questions, I'd appreciate a positive rating (by clicking the stars or smiley faces on your screen) ... that's how we're credited for the work here)

.