TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Senior Advisor
Experience:  15 years of experience in financial advising with emphasis on tax issues.
14155347

Can you use ucc to pay child support, yes or no, I like to

Customer Question

Can you use ucc to pay for back child support, yes or no, I like to keep it simple, and if so I will need your help to do so. I my owe a rear in back child support even if my child is no 21 almost 22
Category: Finance
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 years ago.

The Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) is a comprehensive set of laws governing commercial transactions . These transactions include borrowing money, leases, contracts, and the sale of goods.

Child Support is a payment that a noncustodial parent makes as a contribution to the costs of raising her or his child.

Child Support is not a governed by UCC. It is unclear what part of UCC you believe is applicable.