Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

How would you buy a stock,and how does the investing process…

Customer Question
how would you buy a...
how would you buy a stock,and how does the investing process work. like for example if I invested 100 dollars in a stock and I bought 3 shares how much money would I be investing in?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Finance
6/30/2015
Financial Professional: USTaxAdvising, Accountant replied 3 years ago
USTaxAdvising
USTaxAdvising, Accountant
Generally speaking you would purchase the shares through a broker. The broker would charge you a commission which is generally USD$5-10 per trade. You would then have legal title to the shares in purchased.
Nowadays you would not received share certificates but instead the broker would hold the shares for you in an account of your name.
When you decide to sell the shares you instruct the broker to sell at a given price and the broker then takes your sell order to the market to see if anyone is willing to buy your shares for the price indicated.
I hope this provides the help you were looking for. If not please let me know where I can assist further and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Best regards