Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I have shares of Manulife Financial Corporation acquired on…

Customer Question
I have shares of Manulife...
I have shares of Manulife Financial Corporation acquired on demutualization in 1999. How do I now go about selling them?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Finance
6/9/2015
Financial Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 3 years ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
You may contact Manulife Financial Corporation's Shareholder Services Department as outlined below.
E-mail ***@******.***
Phone
Call Shareholder Services toll free within North America at 1-***-***-****
BNY Mellon is the transfer agent (to change address on your acct, etc)
.
For calls outside North America, please call(###) ###-#### ***** 221022.
Fax (###) ###-####
$19.12 today's close
Do you hold certificates? or are these held a BNY Mellon?
Let me know and we can go from there ...
I'll be here...
lane
P.S.
I just spoke with Shareholder Services at...
1-***-***-****
Your shares are held at Compushare (this is who you'll be talking to)
They can run a search for you and tell you what you have (in the event you don't have an account number) ...
... and they can sell the shares for you.
let me know if you have other questions ..
Lane
If this HAS helped, I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the smiley faces or stars on your screen ...   that's the ONLY WAY I'm credited for the work here.
… just checking back in to see how things are going.
Again, your shares are held at Compushare.
You can call them at the number I referenced, 1-***-***-****.
They can sell your shares for you.
Did my answer help?
Let me know…
Lane
I was so absolutely confused by your web site that I went to my broker and they handled it for me.
I'm so sorry.
I checked to see that the shares were held at compushare, and even made a call to them at the number I provided above.
They said that they could look up your account and sell for you.
So sorry ... don't know what else I could have done.
Maybe I can help in some other way.
Lane
P.S.
I am just a user here as you are.
Although we expert users have had our credentials verified.
I cannot control how the JustAnswer website works.
Shall I ask them to refund your money?
let me know.
If not, I'd respectfully ***** ***** you rate MY SERVICE as positive so that they (JustAnswer) will credit me with a portion of what you've paid them.
But again, I'd be glad to request that JustAnswer refund your money.
Let me know ...
lane