How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 12691
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have shares of Manulife Financial Corporation acquired on

Customer Question

I have shares of Manulife Financial Corporation acquired on demutualization in 1999. How do I now go about selling them?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Lane replied 2 years ago.
You may contact Manulife Financial Corporation's Shareholder Services Department as outlined below.
E-mail ***@******.***
Call Shareholder Services toll free within North America at 1-***-***-****
BNY Mellon is the transfer agent (to change address on your acct, etc)
For calls outside North America, please call(###) ###-#### ***** 221022.
Fax (###) ###-####
$19.12 today's close
Do you hold certificates? or are these held a BNY Mellon?
Let me know and we can go from there ...
I'll be here...
Expert:  Lane replied 2 years ago.
I just spoke with Shareholder Services at...
Your shares are held at Compushare (this is who you'll be talking to)
They can run a search for you and tell you what you have (in the event you don't have an account number) ...
... and they can sell the shares for you.
let me know if you have other questions ..
If this HAS helped, I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the smiley faces or stars on your screen ...   that's the ONLY WAY I'm credited for the work here.
Expert:  Lane replied 2 years ago.
… just checking back in to see how things are going.
Again, your shares are held at Compushare.
You can call them at the number I referenced, 1-***-***-****.
They can sell your shares for you.
Did my answer help?
Let me know…
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was so absolutely confused by your web site that I went to my broker and they handled it for me.
Expert:  Lane replied 2 years ago.
I'm so sorry.
I checked to see that the shares were held at compushare, and even made a call to them at the number I provided above.
They said that they could look up your account and sell for you.
So sorry ... don't know what else I could have done.
Maybe I can help in some other way.
Expert:  Lane replied 2 years ago.
I am just a user here as you are.
Although we expert users have had our credentials verified.
I cannot control how the JustAnswer website works.
Shall I ask them to refund your money?
let me know.
If not, I'd respectfully ***** ***** you rate MY SERVICE as positive so that they (JustAnswer) will credit me with a portion of what you've paid them.
But again, I'd be glad to request that JustAnswer refund your money.
Let me know ...