Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

Which of the following will decrease the amount of Total stockholders&

Customer Question
Which of the following will...
Which of the following will decrease the amount of Total stockholders’ equity?
A. Purchase of treasury stock
B. Stock split
C. Stock dividend
D. Repayment of bond principal
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Finance
6/6/2015
Financial Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Accountant replied 3 years ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Accountant
Thank you for contacting us to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** my goal is to provide information to the best of my knowledge to assist you.
The expert that you requested is not available at this time.
To answer your question, (C) Stock dividend is the correct answer.
Why is the C the answer, you ask? Because the total amount of cash distributed by cash dividends is charged against, and reduces, the retained earnings of the company, and thus decreases stockholders' equity.
Financial Professional: Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor replied 3 years ago
Manal Elkhoshkhany
The correct choice is A "Purchase of Treasury Stock"Thank you