How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask USTaxAdvising Your Own Question
USTaxAdvising, Accountant
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 1237
Experience:  Professional with finance related questions.
Type Your Finance Question Here...
USTaxAdvising is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question. I have a new construction company and am

Customer Question

I have a question. I have a new construction company and am looking for various tax right off that I can use to help off set income. What are some things I can do to deduct taxes on my income tax? I am also selling a house primary residence this year.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  USTaxAdvising replied 2 years ago.
Buying a new vehicle could provide you with a good tax deduction via IRC 179. Note that if you purchased new tools or other equipment, these purchases would also generally qualify for the IRC 179 deduction. See link here for additional information on the IRC 179 deduction -
Are you operating your new business as a sole proprietor or as an S-corporation? I think that the S-corporation is by far the best structure to operate as a sole business owner. The structure provides is much more favorable from a U.S. federal income tax perspective. Here is a very good matrix that I refer to often -
The other often overlooked deduction is the business use of home deduction. See link here for more information on that -
I hope this provides some more information for you to increase your tax savings.
Best regards