How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Senior Advisor
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 15601
Experience:  15 years of experience in financial advising with emphasis on tax issues.
Type Your Finance Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My relative is on medicaid in New Jersey. She has 57,000 frequent

Customer Question

My relative is on medicaid in New Jersey. She has 57,000 frequent flyer miles on her american express bill which she will never be able to use. She is forbidden to sell them by american express so they are just there. She would like to give them to me because of what I have done for her. Can she?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for posting your question.
She cannot transfer the points to you directly. She can possibly get a gift card and then give the gift card to you. Certificates and Gift Cards that you get with points can be used by anyone or combined unless they say the otherwise.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont understand your response. How does she get a gift card from american express for the points. What kind of certificate would she have to get. I am confused.
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 years ago.
To clarify for your question, no she cannot transfer the frequent flyer points to you.
She can see if her points qualify for redemption as a gift card by using her account on American Express.