How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rakhi Vasavada Your Own Question
Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 4545
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Rakhi Vasavada is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have accrued salary from start-up company can I use it to

Customer Question

I have accrued salary from start-up company can I use it to obtain equity (common shares) in the company? If so how would this work?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 2 years ago.
Dear Friend,
Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.
YES.. You can certainly do this. If against your outstanding accrued salary, if the company issues you Common Shares, it would be called "Issuance of Shares for Consideration Other Than Cash"..
This is certainly possible. Please refer the following link.
Just ask the issuing company to allot you shares for consideration other than cash. The company's secretarial department will take care of the process.
I am sure this would help.
You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.
Warm Regards