Finance

Have Finance Questions? Ask a Financial Expert Online.

Finance

How does this new health care (Obama care)work if one is unemployee?

How could you make payment...
How does this new health care (Obama care)work if one is unemployee? How could you make payment if you don't have the money?
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2013
Sineserton

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Hello there and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am very happy to help you with your question.

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Depending on your particular unemployment situation there are several options that you may be able to choose from..

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Every situation is different! I will provide you with information that is up to date and this will allow you to weigh your options!

Once you go to the website; (https://www.healthcare.gov/)

You'll be able to see all the options you qualify for, including private insurance plans and free and low-cost coverage through Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). The Marketplace will tell you if you qualify for lower costs on your monthly premiums and out-of-pocket costs on deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance. You’ll see details to help you choose a plan that’s right for you. You may not have to pay anything based on your information.

I hope this is helpful. If you have more follow up questions please let me know. It is never a problem. I will go above and beyond to make sure you are 100% satisfied! Please don’t forget to rate my answer as good or above so I get credit. Thank you!

Customer:

Are they going to check to make sure you are legal to be in America? I'm legal, but I work with Hispanic that might not be. Just wondering how they are going to handle this?

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Undocumented immigrants will receive no coverage.

As stated here on the National Immigration Law Center: http://www.nilc.org/immigrantshcr.html

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Lawfully present immigrants will be offered some limited federal coverage!

Customer:

So I know this to tell someone who might ask me this question where would I tell them to get this? And what happens if they decide not to get health coverage. Will they be send back if they get catch with out it?

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Are you asking where to get the insurance or documents for lawfully being in the country?

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Immigrants can find all the information they need by visiting this website. http://nilc.org/

Customer:

Thanks

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

You are very welcome!

Customer:

What will happen to anyone who does not get this coverage?

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

That depends on specific personal situations. Every person is different and has a different situation but the worst thing that can happen is the person has to pay a penalty.

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

The fee is sometimes called the "individual responsibility payment," "individual mandate," or penalty.

Customer:

So I know how they determine what one could ask for, where would I get this information? My fear is someone telling me I have to accept this without actually not telling all my rights are.

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

But, like I said. The best thing to do is go to the healthcare.gov website and apply to see where you are regarding your personal status. You may not have to pay at all!

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Here is the information telling what a person can expect if they do not get health insurance in 2014.

https://www.healthcare.gov/what-if-someone-doesnt-have-health-coverage-in-2014/

Customer:

I'm just trying to understand what all my rights are. I'm thankful I have health care through my job, but my boys might ask me this question and I want to be sure to tell them what they can do. I don't know if you know any sites that would give you this info other than this healthcare.gov you provide me with. I'm hearing a lot of problems they are having when someone try to get it and the site isn't working.

Khristopher N. Sines AACJ :

Yes. The site has been having problems but this is the only TRUE information I can provide. Most of the problems to the site were from high traffic. We both know how the media can disrupt and manipulate anything into someone's favor. I just want you to feel safe about the information I provide rather than have it be hearsay!

Customer:

I will check this site out thanks

Sineserton
Thank you for allowing me to help you in your time of need. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future for any information you may be needing. God bless!
Sineserton
Sineserton
Sineserton