How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rakhi Vasavada Your Own Question
Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 4543
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Rakhi Vasavada is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my partner and I are both us citizens we have been together

This answer was rated:

my partner and I are both us citizens we have been together fourteen years...we have co-habitated in the same house for the past ten years in Fife Scotland...I am a dual citizen and receive a small pension from the uk government...she has been receiving a social security retirement benefits check monthly from Baltimore for at least ten years...upon her demise would I be entitled to widows or survivors benefits based on her monthly check on a common law basis as we are not married in the traditional sense
Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

I am happy to let you know that yes.. you WOULD be eligible for the survivors benefits.

You may please leave a positive racing if this helps as that is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, please feel free to revert back with a reply if you need further assistance.

Warm Regards
Rakhi Vasavada and 2 other Finance Specialists are ready to help you