How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  NASD Licensed Rep, 1997-2001, Business Attorney
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Ms. Vasava or Mr. Kaplan, I managed to find

This answer was rated:

Dear Ms. Vasava or Mr. Kaplan,
I managed to find the document of agreement and it has the same block number but a different lot number and different house number on the same street. Never the less, my dad and I are going to the bank and the city agency and make sure that our deed from the first house wasn't pulled when the deed from a different house should have been pulled.
Big Question:
Shouldn't the tenant and landlord court pick up on this and the bank. I know people are stressed out but there should be proof readers to make sure everything is correct. Isn't it wise to make sure that our deed is not involved.
Carlotta M Brown


I'm Lindie, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.



Dear XXXXXotta,

Hello and welcome again. Good to hear that my earlier reply helped you and you have your documents.

So far as courts picking up on this is concerned, I do not think so. It would be difficult unless properly represented to the court as they would rely on the documentary evidence more.

However, it is good that you are contacting the bank. Make sure you put everything before the bank in writing and in black and white. And preserve this record as well. At least when you ask court to pick up on his, you must present all these communications along with your claim.

I hope this helps. You may please leave a positive rating if it helps as this is the only way we get compensated for assisting you. Alternatively please feel free to revert back with a reply if you need further assistance.

Warm Regards
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 4542
Experience: Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
Rakhi Vasavada and other Finance Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your post. Your original professional here.

My apologies on the delay, I had a medical emergency and was offline. While the previous professional is quite adept in financial information, she is not an expert in US real estate. Please therefore allow me to answer in the alternative.

To answer directly, such errors happen far too often, I am afraid. These are called 'minor' errors as the error does not fundamentally or substantially change the wording or the subject matter of the deed. What you can do is request that the seller file a motion to modify via their deed insurance so a to remove this possible blemish on the deed, but it is otherwise NOT an issue if the property can still be identified and directly traced to your transaction and your name. As that was their error, the expense of fixing the error is theirs until and if title passes to you. Then the expense and the responsibility likewise transfers to you as well.

Hope that helps and please be well. I promise to be more available going forward and have a wonderful start of the week.

Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience: NASD Licensed Rep, 1997-2001, Business Attorney
Dimitry K., Esq. and other Finance Specialists are ready to help you