Finance

Have Finance Questions? Ask a Financial Expert Online.

Finance

CA has Medi-cal. The Obamacare law allows people with low income

to get Medi-cal which provides...
CA has Medi-cal. The Obamacare law allows people with low income to get Medi-cal which provides very low cost health insurance. Does TEXAS have something similar to Medi-cal that works in conjunction with Obamacare and provides similar savings? Not sure who to ask this question of so perhaps you can help?
10/3/2013
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Megan C :

Thank you for your question, and thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Megan C :

Glad to see you again, Harold.

Megan C :

Unfortunately, Texas does not have a medical option similar to Medi-Cal

Megan C :

You would have to qualify for Medicaid to get state help for health insurance

Megan C :

I'm truly sorry that I did not have better information for you.

Megan C :

Is there anything else that I can assist you with today? If not, please rate as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Customer:

Thanks for the inform