Finance

Have Finance Questions? Ask a Financial Expert Online.

Finance

I have a 10th grader and I would like to start now to get educated

about applying for private scholarships...
I have a 10th grader and I would like to start now to get educated about applying for private scholarships. Are there resources which provide in depth information about 1. eligibility requirements for applying for private scholarships and 2. where to look for, in order to win scholarships
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/18/2013
DanielleCPA
DanielleCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

DanielleCPA :

Welcome and thanks for your question!

DanielleCPA :

Fastweb.com is an useful resource that is constantly updated with scholarship resources. With Fastweb, you set up aprofile and it provides you with an individualized list of scholarships that your child may qualify for.

DanielleCPA :

If you prefer a more comprehensive listing, there are also several books out there with scholarship listings. The Ultimate Scholarship Book and The Scholarship Handbook are two books that provide details on thousands of awards out there.

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the best practical resources to applying for scholarships?.

DanielleCPA :

Yes, these are good, practical resources in applying for scholarships.

DanielleCPA :

I also suggest that you consult with your son's high school, as they probably will have information on local scholarships offered by organizations like the Chamber of Commerce or a community organization.

DanielleCPA :

Once your child makes a decision about where to go to college, the college will likely also have a scholarship database that students can access to find information on private scholarships.

Customer:

Ok thanks so much.

DanielleCPA
DanielleCPA
DanielleCPA