How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 16580
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear CPA, I have my small business (S-corporation) related

This answer was rated:

Dear CPA,

I have my small business (S-corporation) related to specialty food. I get 30% of my income as W2 and remaining 70% as K1 income at the end of year which is common practice advised by accountants.

For the loan eligibility, do lenders consider K-1 Income (average of last 2 years) from small business as a qualifying income OR do they only consider W2/1099 as the qualifying income?

I am checking as some people have told me that lenders don't use K1 income for the loan eligibility.

Hello, Kumar

The K-1 income is considered by lenders, although it is not the same as wages. However, lenders consider all sources of income.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. If not, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.
Megan C and other Finance Specialists are ready to help you