How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy7368 Your Own Question
Lucy7368, Banker
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 29595
Experience:  Six years in Banking Customer Service and Quality Control
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Lucy7368 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Wife lost her military dependents ID card and it has my

This answer was rated:

My Wife lost her military dependents ID card and it has my social security on it. What action do I need to take?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

If you haven't already, the first step is to notify the military so your wife can get a new card.

As a precaution, it's a good idea to notify the three major credit bureaus that your social security number has been compromised. They can put a security freeze on your account, which means that no one can request credit using your social security number without the passcode that you choose.

You can get a free copy of your credit report once per year from You may want to check to make sure there is no unusual activity. It is possible to get TransUnion reports only (not the other bureaus) every two weeks from, which is also a free service. Or you may want to consider signing up for a credit monitoring service.

If you see any items on your credit report that you did not authorize, you can dispute them immediately. Just keep an eye on it for awhile and report anything that you did not do. You may also want to consider whether to call your bank and add a security code to your account for calls made to their call center, since some banks allow a person to access banking information using a name and social security number. Usually more information would be needed, but it's a precaution you may want to take.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Lucy7368 and 2 other Finance Specialists are ready to help you