How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rakhi Vasavada Your Own Question
Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 4542
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Rakhi Vasavada is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife has been receiving SS benefits for 4 years under my

This answer was rated:

My wife has been receiving SS benefits for 4 years under my SS benefits. When this was set up they inadvertently set up Medicare under her SS number. Until last December we were paying the Medicare fees by mail. In December SS advised that they would be deducting the Medicare payment from her SS benefits, which has been the case up to now. Medicare continued to send bills for the fees and I was verbally advised by the SS Resolution Center in March not to pay because it was being deducting from her SS benefits. As a result, in May they cancelled her Medicare benefits. We have been to the local SS office 4 times and called different representatives at least 8 times. Everyone admits there is a mistake and advise that it is being taken care of but nothing happens. How do we escalate this matter or do we need an attorney? I would appreciate your guidance as my wife needs an operation and the hospital will not admit her without Medicare. KS, Miami

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for using Just Answer. I feel really sorry for your situation.

I think, given the situation that that your wife needs an operation in near future, I would not suggest taking a chance.

You MUST consult an attorney. I am directly jumping to this advice because you have already done your bit and this is high time, especially given your situation that you deal with them in a hard nosed manner.

To find such an attorney who is best capable to handle your case, I would further suggest you to contact your county's bar association. Bar Associations usually have lawyer referral service through which you will find approrpiate lawyer to handle your case.

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we get credited for assisting you. Alternatively please feel free to reply with further queries if you have and I would be more than happy to assist you further.

Warm Regards

Rakhi Vasavada and other Finance Specialists are ready to help you