How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I really did not know where to put this question. I would

This answer was rated:

Hi, I really did not know where to put this question. I would like to know the most effective online sites for renting out a town home. thanks

MyVirtualCPA :

Thank you for your question, and thanks for using

MyVirtualCPA :

The best sites to list your town home for rent are absolutely free.

MyVirtualCPA :

Craigslist is a really good option. It's free and local, although you would be well advised to only meet people that contact you through Craigslist in a public place first, before being alone with them in your vacant townhome.

MyVirtualCPA : and are two other sites where you can go in, make an account, and rent out your home. This will list your rental to the public, and also realtors who may refer their clients your way.

MyVirtualCPA :

If you are looking for a home, these three sites are your best bet as well.

MyVirtualCPA :

Do you have any further questions/

MyVirtualCPA :

If not, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. Thanks

Megan C and other Finance Specialists are ready to help you
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX your positive rating. Please come back and visit MyVirtualCPA for any of your finance, tax, or social security needs. It was a pleasure working with you today.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX please let me know the various paperwork I need to finish with a tenant to make a solid agreement with the tenant so he does not cause issues with payments etc. thanks,

Thanks for your follow up. You need an application that lists his current address, his employer's name and address, and at least two references with their entire name, address, and phone number. You need a copy of their driver's license and social security card. You must get the social security number, because if they do not pay, you can use that with a collection agency and they can have a better chance of getting you your money.

Then, you need a lease (you can find a template online I'm sure) that specifies your monthly rental, and the various fees you will charge for being late, breaking the lease, etc.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate this response so that I may receive credit for further assistance. Thanks.

Megan C and other Finance Specialists are ready to help you