How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Shane-CPA Your Own Question
Shane-CPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 265
Experience:  Shane Northrop is a Certified Public Accountant, Personal Financial Specialist and a Chartered Global Management Accountant
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Shane-CPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I cant find the form that has my 2012 social security wages

This answer was rated:

I can't find the form that has my 2012 social security wages on it to use for my income tax form. What should I do? It is not taxable. Katharine Kate Mothershead XXXXXXXXX

Shane-CPA : name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Certified Public Accountant. I look forward to assisting you with your tax question.

Shane-CPA :

The tax form you generally receive for social security income is a SSA-1099.

Shane-CPA :

The SSA-1099 shows your annual income for income tax purposes. The SSA-1099 is mailed by January 31 each year. You can request an SSA-1099 online, or you can call the U.S. Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday, or visit a local office to get a copy of the form.

Shane-CPA :

If Social Security is your only form of income for the year, it is generally not taxable income. If, however, you have additional types of income in addition to social security income, it could cause part or all of your social security income to be taxable.

Shane-CPA :

I hope this information has answered your tax question. If you would like further assistance, simply type in this chat and I will return to assist you.

Shane-CPA :

If this answers your question to your complete satisfaction, then I thank you for allowing me to assist you! Please let me know if I can provide you with any assistance in the future. If you are completely satisfied with the service you received, please provide me with positive feedback so I may receive credit for my response. If you feel exceptional service was provided, bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you for using Just Answer and I hope you have a great night!


Thanks for the advice. I'll ask for a duplicate 1099!

Shane-CPA and 2 other Finance Specialists are ready to help you