Finance

Have Finance Questions? Ask a Financial Expert Online.

Finance

What is the latest news on the extension of the Mortgage Debt

Relief Act?...
What is the latest news on the extension of the Mortgage Debt Relief Act?
1/9/2013
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

NPVAdvisor :

Hi I can help with this ... let me check something BRB

NPVAdvisor :

As part of the law passed as a last minute escape of the so-called fiscal cliff, Congress extended the Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act to the great relief of homeowners who’ve suffered foreclosure.

NPVAdvisor :

you there?

NPVAdvisor :

By the way both short sales AND deeds in Lieu were covered

NPVAdvisor :

Here's

A good article on it

Customer:

Excellent. Is the extension the same as the previous law? What kind of debt does it cover?

NPVAdvisor :

Yes the law was essentially expended as it was ...

NPVAdvisor :

Not only are foreclosures covered ...

NPVAdvisor :

But Short Sales and Deeds in Lieu, as well

NPVAdvisor :

here are two good articles

NPVAdvisor :

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57561752/obama-signs-fiscal-cliff-bill-into-law/

NPVAdvisor :

and

NPVAdvisor :

A good article from Lawyers.com

NPVAdvisor :

sorry for the type (exTended)

Customer:

Excellant help. I will use you again and tell others about the web site. Thanks, XXXXX - IBR Realty. Cokato, Mn

NPVAdvisor :

Thank you Paul

NPVAdvisor :

To ask for me again, just say “For NPVAdvisor” at the beginning of your question

OR

Go here: NPVAdvisor and enter it in the question box

Thanks,

NPVAdvisor :

Lane

NPVAdvisor :

Is Cokato close to the Twin Cities?

Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Thanks for the feedback Paul.

Have a great day!

Lane

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS