How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 11856
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I am delinquent paying my IRS taxes for 2 years, how can

This answer was rated:

If I am delinquent paying my IRS taxes for 2 years, how can you help me?



Your best option, if you owe less than $50,000 is to set up an installment payment plan agreement.




This is the IRS' general information page on payment plans and installment agreements:,-Installment-Agreements




And here's the online application itself:


(They'll be back up after January 7th (doing maintenance right now)




And finally, if you owe more than $50,000 you'll need to mail in the paper form: (94765-FS)



...along with the form 433-F






Hope this helps.


If this wasn't exactly what you were asking, need clarification or would like to talk more about this just come back here and ask.


If this HAS given you enough information to make an informed decision, Positive feedback (or an “accept”) is highly appreciated. That’s the only way we’re paid.


BUT, again, if you need CLARIFICATION, COME BACK here. Also, feel free to bookmark this page to come back for reference.





Lane and 2 other Finance Specialists are ready to help you

The terms of service won't let us do outside work like doing your taxes here.

But if there's more to this, like what steps to take next, etc.

Please feel free to come back here, so we can drill down on things more without your having to pay for another question .

If you haven't actually done the taxes let me know that too, and maybe I can help you find some deductions, figure which way to file, etc.

Just let me know