Finance

Have Finance Questions? Ask a Financial Expert Online.

Finance

How can one check on the reliability of a financial brokerage

firm?...
How can one check on the reliability of a financial brokerage firm?
1/2/2013
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi, this is the SRO, FINRA, that keeps all data on brokerage firms.

Here's their "Broker Check" web-site.

http://www.finra.org/Investors/ToolsCalculators/BrokerCheck/

Hope this helps,

Lane

Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Dear Friend,

I have got something more to add from what the above expert had suggested. Apart from what he has already suggested, there are also some more points that should be looked into which directly addresses the reliability of your broker.

Reliability --- It is one of the most important aspects of any broker. You need to check the reliability of the broker. The reliability of the broker can be checked and gauged by various checks and balances. Before signing on the dotted line with any broker, you must check his track records in servicing the existing clients as well as the timely payments of the extra funds lying with the broker. Timely services and timely payment record can tell the seriousness and approach regarding the business.

Also, It is imperative for you to check the products offering the broker before signing to the broker. The broker should at least have online and off line stock trading, online IPO and online mutual funds services. If the broker has other financial services such as insurance, portfolio services and bonds etc. these are beneficial.

You also need to see if the broker has efficient online trading platform and ALSO offline platform that serves as a backup.

I hope this helps...

Rate this answer POSITIVELY IF you are done with this and if this helps and satisfies you as this is the only way we get compensated for assisting you. You may use "CONTINUE CONVERSATION" to revert with additional queries if you have or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards,

Thank You for the feedback.

To ask for me again, just say … “ForCustomerrdquo; … at the beginning of your question

OR Go here: and enter it in the question box

…pleasure working with you!

Lane

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS