Finance

Have Finance Questions? Ask a Financial Expert Online.

Finance

What is the income tax owed by or refunded to an investor in

the 35 percent income tax...
What is the income tax owed by or refunded to an investor in the 35 percent income tax bracket. The current tax rate is 15 percent tax rate on long-term capital gains and dividend income?

a. Tristan sold Stock A for a short-term capital loss of $5,250 and sold Stock B for a
long-term capital gain of $4,250.

b. Isolda sold Stock A for a $2,000 short-term gain and sold Stock B for a $6,000 long-term loss.

c. Elsa is 65 years old and withdraws $1,000 from her traditional IRA account. She deposits $1,000 in her Roth IRA.

d. Gertrude bought 100 shares of IBM in March 2006 for $100 a share and sold 40 shares in April 2009 for $120.

e. Siegmund's traditional IRA is currently worth $25,000. He sold a stock in the account for $2,000. He had purchased the stock for $1,000 in 2004.

f. Sieglinde purchased 100 shares of BABY at $15 on September 10, 2010. She sold the
shares for $12 on September 15, 2010. She repurchased the shares on September 20,
2010 for $10.
7/30/2012
JKCPA
JKCPA, CPA

Thanks for the question.

Please click here for the solution.

Hope this helps!
JKCPA
JKCPA, CPA
JKCPA
JKCPA
JKCPA, CPA