Finance

Have Finance Questions? Ask a Financial Expert Online.

Finance

Question 11 Suppose 6 months ago a Swiss investor

Customer Question
Question 11 Suppose...
Question 11

Suppose 6 months ago a Swiss investor bought a 6-month U.S. Treasury bill at a price of $9,708.74, with a maturity value of $10,000. The exchange rate at that time was 1.420 Swiss francs per dollar. Today, at maturity, the exchange rate is 1.324 Swiss francs per dollar. What is the annualized rate of return to the Swiss investor?
Answer

-7.92%

-4.13%

6.00%

8.25%

12.00%

.

2 points

Question 12

Which of the following statements is NOT CORRECT?
Answer

Any bond sold outside the country of the borrower is called an international bond.

Foreign bonds and Eurobonds are two important types of international bonds.

Foreign bonds are bonds sold by a foreign borrower but denominated in the currency of the country in which the issue is sold.

The term Eurobond applies only to foreign bonds denominated in U.S. currency.

A foreign bond might pay a higher nominal interest rate than a U.S. bond.

.

2 points

Question 13

Suppose that currently, 1 British pound equals 1.62 U.S. dollars and 1 U.S. dollar equals 1.62 Swiss francs. What is the cross exchange rate between the pound and the franc?
Answer

1 British pound equals 3.2400 Swiss francs

1 British pound equals 2.6244 Swiss francs

1 British pound equals 1.8588 Swiss francs

1 British pound equals 1.0000 Swiss francs

1 British pound equals 0.3810 Swiss francs
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Finance
3/18/2012
Financial Professional: Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor replied 5 years ago
Manal Elkhoshkhany

Question 11

Answer

-7.92%
-4.13%
6.00%
8.25%
12.00%

2 points

Question 12

Answer

2 points

Question 13

Answer

Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor