Finance

Have Finance Questions? Ask a Financial Expert Online.

Finance

For BusinessTutor: Question 23 When working with the CAPM,

Customer Question
For BusinessTutor: Question 23 When working...
For BusinessTutor:
Question 23
When working with the CAPM, which of the following
factors can be determined with the most precision?
Answer

The market risk premium (RPM).

The beta coefficient, bi, of a relatively safe stock.

The most appropriate risk-free rate, rRF.

The expected rate of return on the market, rM.

The beta coefficient of “the market,” which is the same as the beta of an average stock.
2 points
Question 24
Which of the following statements is CORRECT?
Answer

When calculating the cost of debt, a company needs to adjust for taxes, because interest payments are deductible by the paying corporation.

When calculating the cost of preferred stock, companies must adjust for taxes, because dividends paid on preferred stock are deductible
by the paying corporation.

Because of tax effects, an increase in the risk-free rate
will have a greater effect on the after-tax cost of debt than on the cost of common stock as measured by the CAPM.

If a company’s beta increases, this will increase the cost of equity used to calculate the WACC, but only if the company does not have enough retained earnings to take care of its equity financing and hence must issue new stock.

Higher flotation costs reduce investors' expected returns, and that leads to a reduction in a company’s WACC.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Finance
2/7/2012
Financial Professional: Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor replied 5 years ago
Manal Elkhoshkhany

23)

The beta coefficient of "the market," which is the same as the beta of an average stock.

24)

Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor