How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rakhi Vasavada Your Own Question
Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 4545
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Rakhi Vasavada is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have received homeowners dues in advance for next years

Resolved Question:

I have received homeowners dues in advance for next year's dues, deposited them, and assigned them to "deferred income". When the new fiscal year arrives, what are the steps I need to take to transfer that amount out of deferred income and pay her invoice for the new year's dues?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 5 years ago.

Dear Friend,


As I understand, the current amount must be showing as Credit balalnce in the "Deferred Income" Account.


When the next year comes, you will pass the following adjusting entry to bring it out of that.


Deferred Income A/c DR

TO Revenue or Income A/c


The following will help or serve as a good guidance for you


I am sure this would help. Don't hesitate to rever for further clarification or help.


Warm Regards,

Rakhi Vasavada and 2 other Finance Specialists are ready to help you